Translate

May 10, 2013

5 ways to eat your Chick-fil-A sandwich at Chick-fil-A at Brainerd Village

This is the first time I have ever had a Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich. My tried and true is the Combo #5, 12 count with Polynesian sauce. I have never strayed from Combo #5 till now.
As I go back into the Chick-fil-A at Brainerd Village kitchen, to observe the team members make my chicken sandwich, I think to myself sarcastically, “How special of an experience could this be?” Turns out, it was a pleasant and worth while experience, full of knowledge I didn’t know that I needed to know.
This well needed knowledge is comprised of 9 steps to ensure customer satisfaction in the preparation of the chicken sandwich:

1.) The filets are delivered frozen.
2.) The filets are in the cooler for 8 hours to defrost.
3.) The filets are dipped in milk and seasoned batter (2 to 3 times).
4.) The filets are then put in the fryer for 4 minutes.
5.) The bun is checked for perfection (brown top and round).
6.) The bun is then buttered and lightly toasted to an even color.
7.) Two pickles are placed on the bottom bun.
8.) Filet is placed on second and the filet must cover the entire bun.
9.) The finished sandwich is put in a Chick-fil-A sandwich bag

Through this experience, I have come to appreciate the precise care that is taken in making a Chick-fil-A sandwich. On the menu, Chick-fil-A at Brainerd Village has pre-chosen 4 different ways one can enjoy their chicken sandwich: 1. toasted bun, filet, 2 pickles, 2. toasted bun, lettuce, tomato, American cheese, filet, 2 pickles, 3. toasted bun, spicy chicken filet, two pickles, and 4. toasted bun, lettuce, tomato, pepper jack cheese, spicy chicken filet, two pickles. The 5th way to enjoy the Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich is to add or subtract items to one’s taste. For instance, I had a number 1 and added mayonnaise as my only condiment.  Wayne Epperson gets the combo #2 and only adds extra pickles because, “The chicken sandwich tastes so good I would hate to kill the flavor.” And, Mike Mackey likes to add Tabasco to his 
Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich and he brings his own sauce.
If you want to spice up your chicken sandwich besides getting the spicy chicken, I suggest adding one of their 6 sauces. I prefer the Chick-fil-A sauce and the Polynesian sauce, but there are enough choices to satisfy anyone’s palate. As we have discovered, there is a multitude of ways to enjoy a Chick-fil-A chicken sandwich.  So, be creative and eat up!

By

Lauren Ortiz

Chick-fil-A Chattanooga


No comments:

Post a Comment